THE PORT CAFE: BELIEF STATEMENT
- The people of the Port Café believe that the Port neighborhood already has all the raw resources we need in order to create a sustainably diverse community that is safe and welcoming for all of us.
- In order to forge powerful community among the diverse populations of the Port, we must recognize and celebrate the inherent wealths of all people.
- As we honor the time, treasure, and talent of all people, we create space for trusting relationships that form the foundation for loving community.
OUR COMMON VISION
WHO IS THE PORT CAFE?
- The people who come to the Port Café come with diverse wealths. That is, they come from a variety of financial class backgrounds AND they bear a variety of types of resources (social, emotional, material, spiritual, intellectual, etc.).
- Each month, the Port Café offers lightly-facilitated shared meals that create opportunities for happiness, emotional connection, and creative collaboration among neighbors. Dinner hosts design the evening according to their own flavor, making each meal to be unique and unforgettable.
- The Port Café will have its own space (be it a year from now or 10 years out). We will be located in the neighborhood and the building is easily accessible and welcoming to all.
- The Port Café space exists in synergy with other organizations and groups that share our vision for sustainable, diverse community.
- The Port Café honors opportunities for each individual to teach and learn, lead and support, listen and speak.
- The Port Cafe celebrates the diversity of the human experience, including people of all races, ethnicities, gender expressions, sexual orientations, and class backgrounds.